Director of Business Development – Attorney
Counsel On Call, a recognized leader in the most rapidly growing segment of the legal profession, seeks a director of business development for its Northwest Arkansas office located in Bentonville. This individual, who enjoys the practice of law but believes there is a different way to do so, will focus in three areas – business development, management of existing clients, and candidate development – in Northwest Arkansas, surrounding markets, and across the country, as needed. This is a full-time position offering a competitive base salary, strong bonus compensation potential, and a range of benefits.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Build a book of business and drive revenue growth through strategic partnering and sales skills, and have the ability to grasp strategic initiatives and convey clients’ needs effectively
- Manage and grow existing client relationships
- Interact with high-level executives in corporate legal departments and law firms
- Ensure clients receive a very high-level of service and quality
- Serve as a trusted, expert adviser to clients and the Northwest Arkansas legal community
- Network with, interview, and manage relationships with attorneys and paralegals seeking to work with Counsel On Call
- J.D. from a highly-respected law school
- At least seven (7) years of legal experience in a variety of areas including a large firm, in-house and/or as a consultant in the legal services industry
- At least three years of management experience
- Someone who enjoys the practice of law but is looking to grow a business rather than a traditional practice
- Actively involved in the local legal community or a willingness to become actively involved
- Great communicator, self starter and initiative
- An understanding of business operations and what it takes to make a business grow
- A multi-tasker, team player, and a no-nonsense personality
Please submit cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
About Counsel On Call
Counsel On Call is the modern legal model: top attorneys, practical business consulting and dramatic cost reductions.
Counsel On Call provides high-quality, attractively priced solutions to the challenges faced by corporate legal departments and law firms. Using experienced attorneys and proven processes, the company handles and manages a wide variety of matters – across all practice areas – that dramatically reduce legal costs.
Headquartered in Nashville, Counsel On Call has offices across the country and Managed Services Centers in Atlanta, Dallas and Nashville. Founded in 2000, the company has hundreds of attorneys working throughout the U.S. and internationally. We offer a range of benefits, including health insurance, a 401(k) plan, vacation and holiday pay, health care savings and dependent care flexible spending accounts.